Dull or Dry Skin
We don’t often realize how hard we are on our skins, and we get discouraged when we discover dryness, dullness, or tightness that won’t go away.
Dry skin is relatively common, and it’s usually quite treatable, so if you’re suffering from dry or dull skin, take a look at the potential causes and treatment options to consider.
Causes of Dry Skin
Moisture levels in the skin can become imbalanced for a number of reasons, and dry skin has a few common causes, such as:
- Heat Exposure
- Certain Medications
- Harsh soaps and products
- Excessive scrubbing
- Skin Conditions (such as eczema or psoriasis)
Many of the elements that contribute to dry skin can be reduced or substituted for gentler material, but when dry skin persists, individuals suffering from this condition seek long-term relief.
Making a few changes when it comes to your lifestyle and skincare routine can reduce the frequency and severity of dry skin. Regularly applying a gentle moisturizer is one of the most effective ways to keep your skin from drying out, but if your condition is excessive, try incorporating further measures.
- Keep your skin covered on windy, cold, or hot days.
- Start using soaps and detergents that are designed for sensitive skin.
- Spend less time in water, especially hot or chlorinated water.
- Stay well-hydrated.
- Use a moisturizer when shaving.
- Wear gloves when exposing your hands to harsh chemicals.
- Professional Skincare
- For individuals with excessively dull or dry skin, medical intervention may be necessary in addition to using at-home remedies.
Solace Wellness Center offers an array of skincare procedures that revitalize our patients’ skins by gently washing away dead cells, speeding up the healing process, and cleaning the pores. Depending on the underlying causes and contributors associated with your dry skin, our medical professionals can recommend the right treatment protocols.
For example, you might want to consider:
- Chemical Peels: Peels can be useful in removing dead skin and cleaning debris from your pores.
- Microneedling: Microneedling encourages the development of healthy new skin cells.
- Facials: Facials cleanse the skin and supply it with moisture.
- IV Therapy: Rehydrating the body and absorbing adequate vitamin levels can provide skin with the moisture and nutrients needed to repair itself.
Tue-Fri: 10am - 6pm
Sat: 9am - 2pm
Sun & Mon: Closed
Evenings by appointment only.
We believe Sundays should be for personal time for our team!