Excessive Oil or Shine
When the sebaceous glands in a person’s skin produce too much oil, it can result in a shiny or oily appearance. Many people believe incorrectly that oily skin is simply caused by poor diet and insufficient face-washing. However, there are several factors that affect the oil production in a person’s skin. These factors include:
- Pore size
- Geographic location
- Improper skincare
- Reducing Oily Skin at Home
Oily skin can be difficult to manage, but there are a few ways to reduce the amount of oil or shine that shows up on your skin. Try one or more of the following steps to decrease the oiliness of your skin at home.
- Wash your face every day
- Exfoliate your skin regularly
- Don’t forget to moisturize (the right moisturizer does not cause oily skin)
- Avoid touching your face throughout the day
- Reduce your sugar intake (though this step is not proven, studies suggest that greasy, sugary foods contribute to oil production in the skin)
Solace Wellness Treatments
Though there are steps you can implement into your routine to reduce the appearance of oily skin, some individuals continue to struggle despite their best efforts. If you have done all you can to manage the excessive oil and shine your skin produces, you’re not alone.
For plenty of people, medical intervention is needed to manage difficult skin effectively. If you’ve tried everything and you’re still constantly needing to blot oil from your face, professional skincare treatments might be the answer you’re looking for.
Solace Wellness Center & MedSpa offers an array of skincare services that help to balance out the production of skin oils. Consider one or more of the following:
- Facials: Solace Wellness performs a variety of different facial treatments, each one designed to enhance the skin through non-invasive, drug-free care.
- Chemical Peels: Chemical peels are useful in exfoliating the skin and getting rid of dead cells, which enhances the skin’s natural ability to heal.
- Microneedling: Microneedling improves the texture and appearance of the skin, and different deep-tissue serums can be utilized with this technique to obtain the desired results.
- Tribella: Tribella laser treatment can be an effective tool when it comes to reducing acne and shrinking pores that contribute to excessive oil production.
Tue-Fri: 10am - 6pm
Sat: 9am - 2pm
Sun & Mon: Closed
Evenings by appointment only.
We believe Sundays should be for personal time for our team!