Sun Spots or Age Spots
What Causes Sun Spots and Age Spots?
Skin pigmentation cells can bunch together, which is why sun spots look like freckles rather than resembling even, tanned skin.
The development of sun spots is most common in light-skinned individuals, especially those who have a history of frequent sun exposure.
Sun Spot and Age Spot Prevention
To protect your skin from developing sun spots, it’s a good idea to avoid excessive sun exposure. When spending time outside, take precautions:
- Wear sunscreen
- Put on a sun hat to protect your face, head, and neck from sun exposure
- Wear a thin, long-sleeved shirt to keep your arms covered
- Try breathable, long pants to protect your legs
- Limit the time you spend in direct sunlight
- Age Spot / Sun Spot Treatment
At Solace Wellness Center, our medical team provides an array of minimally-invasive cosmetic services that reduce or even eliminate the appearance of sun spots. If you’re concerned about hyperpigmentation, you might want to consider:
Reach out to Solace Wellness Center to schedule a consultation with us.
Tue-Fri: 10am - 6pm
Sat: 9am - 2pm
Sun & Mon: Closed
Evenings by appointment only.
We believe Sundays should be for personal time for our team!